Major corporations and high profile clients look to us when it comes to guiding and directing complex real estate transactions in the region. Through our strategic consulting services, we have managed large corporate consolidations for GE Information Services, Human Genome Sciences, Life Technologies and MedImmune/AstraZeneca.
A keen market understanding and long-term relationship on the local and state levels allows us to efficiently execute projects for major real estate acquisitions, dispositions, build-to-suits, consolidations, and expansions.
We focus on far more than just location attributes. We examine financial issues, lease issues, accounting issues, and cultural issues and trends to marry real estate conditions with corporate objectives. The result of these activities is a strategic plan which could include:
- Set facility goals and objectives based on a business plan and key milestones.
- Determine a staffing plan and impact of personnel growth on internal departments and the overall facility requirement.
- Develop preliminary economic models.
- Conduct a detailed needs assessment to identify spaces by size and function; determine equipment needs and central system requirements; establish space and finish standards; and compile a chemical list.
- Provide a comprehensive market overview of development trends, recent transactions and future projections for the real estate market.
Notable Consulting Projects:
Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Contracted by Space Florida to use our industry expertise to provide a complete market evaluation and facility evaluation for the 105,000 sf Space Life Science Laboratory (SLSL).
- Market study included: overview of competitive facilities and life sciences market(s), identification of target tenant groups to take advantage of specific functions in the facility, and evaluation of federal, state, and local incentive programs for application to prospective tenants for the SLSL.
- Physical study and evaluation included: developing potential multi-tenant scenarios, repurposing concepts, and review / benchmarking of utilities usage as compared to similar-type facilities.
University of Rhode Island
Kingston, Rhode Island
- Contracted by the University of Rhode Island (URI) to design a concept for a new 50,000 sf life sciences facility and determine market feasibility.
- Design process scope included: developing building concept plans and prospective tenant “test fit” interior renderings, monitoring site and design issues as they pertain to the master plan, preparation of the pre-construction budget(s).
- Marketing plan and implementation scope included: development of collateral materials, direct prospecting activities (calls, emails, etc.) to neighboring life sciences, companies / organizations, and working with the state and county economic development agencies on URI’s behalf.
Silver Spring, Maryland
- Contracted by Percontee to join a group of consultants responsible to bring a life sciences park from concept to reality in the Route I-95 Corridor in Montgomery County Maryland. The park is located next door to the new headquarters of the Food and Drug Administration and will house over 7 million square feet of mixed use development.
- Scheer’s multifaceted role included client advisement regarding economic development, land use planning and market analysis.
- Scheer also provided expert testimony before various government agencies.